Ten startups score GHS 2.5 million from the Absa-Mastercard Foundation Fintech-Agritech Support Programme.
Absa Bank, Ghana, and Mastercard Foundation have supported ten fintech and agtech startups with GHS 2.5 million as part of the Absa Young Africa Works Project. The Agritech & Fintech support programme is designed to provide financial support to fintech and agritech companies to bridge the existing gap in accessing funding. The startups include the following.
– Wonfliki (GHS 250,000): Wonfliki provides affordable drone technologies and geospatial information to support the agricultural value chain and farmers.
– Swoove (GHS 200,000): Swoove is building the largest network of logistics providers in Africa to connect small businesses with logistics at affordable prices, helping them reach more customers globally.
– Shopa (GHS 200,000): Shopa is a B2B e-commerce platform and embedded financial services application for informal grocery stores. It allows informal retailers to source inventory directly from manufacturers on cash or credit.
– ShaQ Express (GHS 200,000): ShaQ Express is an e-commerce and logistics tech company that connects customers and vendors, providing logistical support to customers by allowing them to move packages from one point to another.
– Sommalife (GHS 200,000): Founded by Mawuse Gyisun, Sommalife is digitizing the shea supply chain supporting women groups to produce shea butter at scale and connect them to international markets.
– Big Samps Market (GHS 200,000): Led by Elselund Ewudzie-Sampson, Big Samps Market leverages technology and efficient distribution channels to provide customers with fresh farm produce from farmers and local food processing startups.
– Traderex Limited (GHS 200,000): Founded by Benjamin Aseidu and Edward Mensah, Traderex provides mechanization and warehousing solutions and leverages technology to give farmers access to financial markets through electronic trading platforms that guarantee off-take.
– The Mishkan Group (GHS 200,000): The Mishkan Group is a tech-enabled farm-to-fabric agtech that produces sustainable, regenerative, organically farmed cotton into lint, yarn, fabrics/textiles for businesses in the sustainable luxury sector.
– Aquamet Technologies (GHS 200,000): AquaMet is a smart Integrated system that assists fish farmers to efficiently monitor their water quality, obtain expert advisory services and perform key management activities to improve farmers’ yield.
– Even Sparrows (GHS100,000): Even Sparrows is an agribusiness that produces, aggregates and retails vegetables.